Routerlogin.net : NETGEAR N600 (Model: WNDR3400) router setup
Netgear routerlogin.net dual band Wi-Fi keeps a robust, durable signal flowing throughout your home. The kids will relish swift online gaming and action movies and parents will feel secured with free Live Parental Controls for a safer Internet experience. The Netgear genie app makes installation and control easy.
Why to choose NETGEAR N600 (Model: WNDR3400)?
- It provides Wi-Fi speed 300+300—Up to 600 Mbps
- Simultaneous dual band to provide better Wi-Fi performance
- ReadySHARE USB
- Live Parental Control
- NETGEAR genie app give access to Personal dashboard to monitor, control and repair your home network.
- Wi-Fi Technology: 802.11n Dual Band
- Wi-Fi Band: Simultaneous dual band 2.4GHz & 5GHz
- Number of Ethernet Ports: 5
- Number of USB Ports: 1
- Wi-Fi Protected Access® (WPA/WPA2—PSK) and WEP
- Double firewall protection (SPI and NAT firewall)
- Denial-of-service (DoS) attack prevention
Netgear Genie with remote access:
You can access your network through NETGEAR genie even when away from home if you enable the remote access feature. To access network, all you need is your tablet or any smart device to recognize and repair network issues, provide guest access, and reboot your router.
How to login into Netgear N600 (Model: WNDR3400) router?
Configuring Your Wireless Network
Once you install your router, you must log into the router to complete your wireless setup. When you are successfully logged in, you will be prompted to check for firmware updates from the NETGEAR update server.
One should follow the below steps to login into the router:
- Open a browser window and type http://www.routerlogin.net in the address field of your browser. Press Enter.
- You can enter either of these addresses to connect to your wireless router: http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.net.
- A login window will open up.
- When login window will be prompted, you have to enter your username and password.
- The router User Name and Password are unique to every router and pre-described on the label of the router. Once you are successfully logged in, you will be directed to the home page.
How to set up the wireless setting of NETGEAR N600 (Model: WNDR3400) router?
NETGEAR strongly recommends that you use wireless security.
- The Wireless Settings GUI assists you to set your wireless network connections. To configure the wireless network, you can either manually specify your network name (SSID) and your wireless security settings or, if the clients in your network are WPS capable, you can also use Wi-Fi Protected Setup to automatically configure your router.
- If you will arrange the router from a wireless computer and you change the router’s SSID, channel, or security settings, you will lose your wireless connection when you click Apply.
You must then alter your computer’s wireless settings to match the router’s new settings. To abstain this situation, you can use a computer that is connected to the router with an Ethernet cable.
How to Enable Access Control for NETGEAR N600 (Model: WNDR3400) router?
- Connect any of your smart devices to the router’s Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the genie mobile app.
- Click the SIGN IN button.
- Now, enter your NETGEAR account credentials and click on the SIGN IN button. If you’re connecting your router locally, the Local Access page displays. If you’re connecting your router remotely, the Remote Access page displays.
- Enter credentials of your router’s admin password and tap the LOGIN button. It will re-direct you to the dashboard displays.
- Click on the Network Map. It will open up the Network Map.
- From here you can manage Your Wi-Fi Network 20 NETGEAR genie App.
- Move the Access Control slider to the right, to enable access control.
- Click on a device. The Device page displays.
- To block a specific device from the network, move the Pause Internet slider to the right.
- If you want to allow a blocked device to access the network, move the Pause Internet slider to the left.
How to set up a guest network in NETGEAR N600 (Model: WNDR3400) router?
Guest Network Access provides impregnable Wi-Fi access for guests to share your home or office network. You can enable the guest network when you have visitors in your house, apartment, or workplace.
One should follow the below steps to setup the guest network in NETGEAR N600 (Model: WNDR3400) router:
To enable guest access one should follow the below steps:
- Connect your device to the router’s Wi-Fi network.
- Open the genie mobile app.
- Click the SIGN IN button
- Enter your NETGEAR account credentials and click the SIGN IN button.
- Enter your router’s admin credentials and hit the LOGIN button. It will open up the dashboard displays.
- Click on the Guest Wi-Fi. It will re-direct you to Guest Wi-Fi page displays.
- To initiate a 5 GHz guest Wi-Fi network, swipe left on the Wi-Fi band icon.
- To enable your guest access, move the Guest Access slider to the right. Guest access is enabled.
Your Netgear Wireless Router Not Working Problem, here’s a quick Fix!!
In case you are having a trouble working with your Netgear router or if your router is not working properly, let’s follow some basic troubleshooting of your Netgear wireless router.
Basic Troubleshooting steps:
You need to keep in mind that you do not hurry to reset your Netgear wireless router for fixing your problems. First try following the steps below and keep the reset option as the last to proceed. A simple reboot or power cycle helps solving the connectivity issues mostly.
- Start with restarting your internet modem and your router. Plug out the power cable from the router and the modem as well and wait for about 10 seconds before plugging it back. Do not forget to restart your computer.
- Wait for a minute to let the internet LED light on your modem and your router. The light indicates that the modem is working fine and it is receiving internet from your ISP.
- Also check if the internet LED on the router is lit, if yes, try to use the internet and check if the router is working after the restart process or not.
You can then further test he Internet Service Provider Connection and your modem
- Make a connection between your computer and your modem by using an Ethernet cable connection. Locate the cable connecting modem to the internet port of your router, disconnect it and plug it into your computer or laptop.
- Switch off your wireless router and then restart your computer as well as modem after making a connection through a cable.
- Now, after your computer restarts, you need to try using the internet with your computer, if it works, that means the modem, computer as well as the Ethernet cable are working fine. If not, you can contact your ISP.
You can then try to fix your Netgear Wireless Router.
Netgear Router reset:
Try following the Soft reset steps firstly:
- Establish a connection between your computer and your Netgear wireless router.
- Login to your Netgear Router Setup console through www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com , or you can try to login through IP 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1
- Enter your default username- admin & Password- password as login details
- Once you enter the admin page of the router, go to the Backup setting.
- You will see an option for Revert to Factory Default settings.
- Click on Erase under that option and this is followed by your Netgear router resetting all your settings to factory default.
- It might then ask for a reboot. You then need to restart your Netgear Router & your Modem too and then try setting up the router once again.
Hard reset Netgear router steps:
- Press and hold the Restore Factory Settings or Reset button located on the back of your router for about 10 seconds.
- Keep holding the reset key until you see all the lights start to blink.
- Release the Restore Factory Settings or Reset button after 10 seconds and wait till your router reboots.
- When the factory reset is complete, the Power LED light stops blinking and lights to solid green.
Note: The Power light on recent Netgear router models becomes solid white.
Finally, the factory default settings are restored.
Update your Netgear Router Firmware steps:
It’s possible that the firmware for your Netgear router has been outdated and you forgot to perform maintenance or upgrade your software on the wireless router.
- Login through your web browser by entering http://www.routerlogin.net from your device which is connected to the network.
Note: it is recommended to use an Ethernet cable to connect your computer to your router for upgrading the firmware.
- Enter your Default username and your password; admin & password.
- Go to the router settings, Click on ADVANCED > Administration.
- Then select and click Firmware Update or Router Update.
- Click on Check, This asks the router to search for new firmware information. If an update is available, it then displays a message inquiring if you want to download and install it.
- Click on Yes button and the router downloads the firmware and begins the new update.
- After the completion of the upload, your router will restart and your router firmware has been finally updated.
Check if all the above Information can help you solve your Netgear Router working problem.
Netgear Extender Setup
Major users of the routers are getting encountered with the signal problems and the dead spots of these devices. Whether the users are making the use of the routers in their home or utilizing these gadgets within their office, there are chances that the user might encounter with the low Wi-Fi signals. There are many reasons for the degradation in the speed of your internet, sometimes it is because of the structure of the residence where you are using these devices and sometimes it is due to the wrong placement of the router in your residence which won’t allow enough radiation of Wi-Fi to get transmitted in your device. The Device also comes with their frequency bands which you also can adjust, according to your use through www.mywifiext.net. As these devices also come with numerous features, to have a control over them Netgear has introduced them with the web interface of the Netgear Extenders.
Convert your dead zone into the fun zones with the help of the Netgear Extender. The devices are capable of boosting up your Wi-Fi signals throughput at extravagant speed. These devices are also integrated with the dual-core processors to control the data traffic within the device. Beamforming focuses the signals into a single beam which leads to the reliable connection of this device. Gigabits ports attached to these devices are even capable to deliver its internet boosting service to the connected devices. High powered amplifiers and antennas are able to potentially maximize the Wi-Fi coverage of the device.
Netgear Extender Login
Extend the range of your Network through these devices. These devices are also now launched with wireless innovation to make the user capable of utilizing these devices anywhere. Netgear also has launched their wireless router to enable the user to enhance the speed of their device even while traveling to some destination. These devices are even manufactured in pocket-sized size. Gadgets like this give the users’ sophistication to even utilize the prominent use of the routers while being far away from home. You can easily connect your phones, tablets, Ipads, play station and any of the devices being capable of operating the internet through it. Netgear Extenders are easy to install, they also do not require any setup CD. They are acquired with the capability to get connected with your device through the web interface, which can easily be opened manually through www.mywifiext.net in any network capable device.
Netgear has really worked hard in maintaining the utilization of these devices till the satisfaction level of the customers. They also have brought various modifications in these devices to maintain the efficiency of Extenders within the caliber of people. Netgear has embedded these gadgets with the potential features to maximize the worth of the Extenders.
Some of the top models of the Netgear Extenders
- NETGEAR Nighthawk Mesh X6S Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender
- NETGEAR WiFi AC1200 Range Extender (EX6200)
- NETGEAR AC1900 Mesh WiFi Extender
- NETGEAR AC1200 WiFi Range Extender (EX6150-100NAS)
- Netgear MSRM US302 Wi-Fi Range Extender
Brand New features in the latest models of the Netgear routers are
Gigabit Ports- Latest Netgear Extender are embedded with the Gigabit Ethernet ports which provide the wired connections to all the devices like Gaming consoles, Television, Blu-ray player or any streaming player residing your house. These ports provide the reliable connections along with the excellence speed in all the connected devices to your Netgear Extender. The number of ports distinguishes in the devices according to the functionality and price range of the Netgear device.
External Antennas- Netgear Extenders also comes with the adjustable antennas fixed at the outer material of the device. These antennas also sophisticate the device to catch the wider range of signals to allow the device to deliver the better performance to the user. These tools on some device are attachable and not attachable. Sometimes the user wants his device to not to cover that much space due to any reason, in that case, he can detach these antennas from the Extender to cover the minimum space.
Universal compatibility- Netgear Extenders are compatible to work with any routers. It is not necessary for the user to buy extender as well as the router of the same brand, noticing these things, Netgear extender merged their router with the capability to work with any router existing in the world. Sometimes when you are using the wireless router and your extender is the wired one then, you can find some problem in connecting the router with your extender but it does not happen in every case.
Beamforming + - Advanced Extenders of Netgear also comes with the Beamforming technology which focuses the beam into your every device connected with the extender. The technology ensures all the devices connected to your network are getting the prominent speed and bandwidths. It catches all the signal scattered within the Network and renovates them into the beam form to give the extravagant speed for the lag-free gaming and uninterrupted movie experience.
Fast lane technology- This technology allows both the frequency bands of 2.4GHz and 5GHz to work combine to make one ideal connection for HD streaming and lag-free gaming. Fastlane technology enables the dual band to work at the same time to deliver the blazing fast speed within the network. Normally, extender or router won’t allow both of these bands to work in the unite form to give the appropriate results.
How to manually set up the NETGEAR Nighthawk Mesh X6S Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender?
- First, maintain the Initial setup of the extender and the router by pushing the router closer to the range of the Extender.
- Press the WPS button on your router and then on the Extender, when you press the button of your router, it will listen to the incoming message from the extender.
- The connection process will initiate the negotiation between the devices. Once the connection is established, the router will send the SSID information to the extender. This process is going to take a few minutes.
- Once the above process is complete take the extender to the dead zone. Pay attention to the LED of the extender which will indicate the strength of the connection between your extender and the network source.
What can be the reason that even after applying the Netgear Extender within your network, the speed is not escalating?
There may be various reasons that even after connecting the Extender within the router and the system, your network speed is not escalating.
- Netgear Extender may be not within the Wi-Fi range of the router which can also become the huge factor for degradation in performance of the Extender.
- Sometimes the extender device may also not be within the range of the network source which also becomes the reason in the fall of the speed of Wi-Fi
- Sometimes the Extender is not properly connected with the router which also might result in poor performance
- The extender is sometimes placed on the same location where it is not possible for the Wi-Fi signals to get transmitted into the routers.
How to update the firmware within the Nighthawk Mesh wifi range Extender?
To update the firmware in this latest model of the Netgear router is not that tech-savvy. Before installing the firmware within the router, first make sure that your router is properly connected with the extender in both cases, whether you are using the wireless connection or the wired one. Experts of Netgear strongly recommend using a wired connection between the system and the router.
Here are some steps which will directly lead you to successfully update the firmware with the range Extender
- Open the desired browser and navigate to www.mywifiext.net.
- In case you are using MAC then use www.mywifiext.local to get to the web management page of the Netgear Extender.
- Login to the web interface of your Nighthawk Netgear Extender.
- Go to Status; locate the Firmware Update below the status bar.
- Click on Firmware Update and then Check Online.
- Click yes to install the new Firmware version
- After the termination of the installation setup, the device will itself get reboots
- You can re-login to the interface of your Netgear extender again with the www.mywifiext.net to check everything is stable or not.
What is the utilization of the Ready share USB Storage Access?
There are various users that routinely use the same files through their PC and gaming consoles. In every home, as there are numerous devices that need to be connected with the network. Now what users need for their convenience is that they want to keep their files in some external storage device other than the computer, to easily access those files in a suitable manner? Netgear Router is given with the USB to allow any storage device to get connected directly to your router which saves the time of the user to connect it with the computer.
Why sometimes Netgear Wi-fi extender is not able to connect with the BT home hub using the WPS connection?
“Wireless association”, used in the BT home hub is different from the WPS type which is being used by the Netgear Wi-Fi extender. The “Wireless Association” which is being used by the BT home hub uses the association of a DECT phone not of the WPS one. Normally WPS is disabled on default by BT Home Hub 3.
What network precautions should be taken while connecting the Netgear Extender with the Netgear router?
There are not that many precautions but still, some exist, which are valuable. Here are some of the precautions that Netgear Extender should use while connecting to the Netgear router
- The first and prominent precaution while connecting both devices is that make sure that the Netgear Extender is connected with the same network in which Netgear router is connected. If they will be connected to the different network, then your Extender won’t be able to provide its efficient utility to you.
- Clearly, check the installation and setup assistance to properly establish the connection between the Netgear Extender and the router,
- For any type of Troubleshooting assistance, visit the official website of the Troubleshoot Netgear Wifi Extender.
What if the installation setup of the Netgear Extender keeps asking for the wireless password even after typing the correct password?
There may be two issues when this particular situation happens
- It may be the factor that your Netgear Extender is on the borderline of your Wi-Fi extender, and the problem may be resolved after pushing the extender within the wi-fi range of the router.
- If the case is that you are using the WEP security, then make sure that you are typing the wireless security key over the correct field
How to save the settings of the Netgear Extender through the web interface of the device?
People frequently use the saved settings after the reset process of the Netgear Extenders. These settings are utilized when the user is done with the reset process of their device. Some users want to apply the same settings on their device which they have applied already. Here are the steps which will help you to save the settings of your device somewhere safe to which you can access after the reset process.
Here are some steps which directly leads you to save the settings of your Netgear Extender.
- Launch a web browser with www.mywifiext.net.
- Fill up the login credentials by typing the username and the password.
- Locate Settings on the left side of the page and then click on the other, to get to the Other Settings page of the Netgear Extender.
- Click on the Backup button in other settings page, it will save your current settings on the system.